The Quantum Trends indicator is a ‘sister’ indicator to the Quantum Trend Monitor, and work together hand in hand, to keep you in and surfing the trend. This indicator has been designed to be a leading indicator of trend, and is therefore extremely sensitive to the minor reversals and pullbacks which occur in all trends. This is where the Trend Monitor becomes so powerful, keeping you in for the longer term. The Trends indicator has also been designed to show you simply and clearly when a trend is potentially starting, ending, or simply moving into a minor congestion phase. All this is achieved with the trend dots, which change color accordingly.
As with all the Quantum trading indicators, the Quantum Trends is best used in multiple timeframes which will give you visual signals to changes in trend, both upstream and downstream of your principle trading chart.
- The Quantum Trends indicator works in all timeframes from seconds to minutes and months
- The indicator can be ‘fine-tuned’ to your own preferences in terms of the speed with which the indicator will react to possible changes in trend
By clicking the indicator’s Format button, you can configure the Quantum Trends Indicator’s inputs and style according to your preferences. The Format button appears as a small cog/gear icon beside the name of the indicator at the chart. Clicking the button shows a dialog box for configuring the Inputs and Style options.
Sensitivity to Congestion
This parameter has been provided to allow you to fine-tune the indicator to your own trading style and attitude to risk. Increasing its value makes the indicator more sensitive to detecting congestion phases of price action. This means you will see more of the grey dots which are early signs of potential weakness in the respective trends.
This is a personal choice, and a user input we have included to allow you to have control over the indicator, and whether you want to be alerted earlier to potential weakness or pauses in the trend, or are happy to wait before such changes are signaled slightly later, and over shorter periods on the indicator. This is your choice and so can be configured to your own trading style and attitude to risk.
TradingView allows you to customize the indicator’s appearance by changing the properties of each of its plots/lines.
This plot displays a smoothed line chart comprised of dots which changes color depending on the current state of the trend.
- Visible by default, you can untick the checkbox beside its name to hide this line in the chart.
- Color 0 is set to cyan which is assigned to signals of a bullish trend. You can click the color box to choose another color from a palette.
- Color 1 is set to red which is assigned to signals of a bearish trend. You can click the color box to choose another color from a palette.
- Color 2 is set to gray which is assigned to signals of congestion. You can click the color box to choose another color from a palette.
- Type of plot is set to Circle. We recommend NOT changing this setting.
- Plot position is set to Absolute. We also recommend NOT changing this setting.
This determines the number of decimal places the indicator uses to display the current value of its lines. You can adjust this by choosing from a drop-down list.
You can choose either Pin to Right or Pin to Left.
- Pin to Right is the default option. This displays the indicator labels at the right-hand side of the indicator.
- Pin to Left displays the indicator labels at the left-hand side of the indicator.